Many of us have things we rarely, if ever, use. Months and years go by and these things sit in our closets, attics and garages - not used. Things like clothes, furniture, sporting goods, kitchenware, and art work, etc.
Giving away things you don't use has a lot of advantages:
- It can simplify your life and free up space.
- It reduces the number of natural resources we, as a nation, must use to sustain our life style.
- Removing clutter can free your energy and allow you to focus on your life's work.
- It helps other people by allowing them to acquire things they couldn't afford otherwise.
- You may be able to deduct a part of the value of these items on your tax return.