Spending time teaching our children about their rich heritage, about the struggles to
form their country, and about ways to be a good citizen builds a background of
respect for freedom and caring about its preservation.
Here are some fun ways to teach your children about
- Buy a puzzle of the U.S. It
reinforces the concept that our country is diverse and large.
- Have fun at dinner quizzing your children on the states. It gives
them much-needed attention as well as a head start in school. Ask
- to name the cities they know in a particular state
- what the state is known for
- what the capital is
- what states border that state
- what the state, tree, flower and bird are for the state you live in
- Play the license plate game in the car. See
how many license plates from other states you can spot.
- Capital Cities USA lists and provides interesting information about each of our 50 state capitals.